Information for Military Families
Fairfax County Public Schools and Sunrise Valley Elementary School are committed to supporting our military-connected students. We value you and are thankful for your service.
Annual Veterans Day Concert
We have an annual Veterans Day concert. View the concert from the 2021-2022 school year.
Month of the Military Child
April is the Month of the Military Child. We will recognize and show our appreciation for military-connected students by participating in Purple Up! Day. Everyone is encouraged to wear the color purple on this day.
Fairfax County Public Schools: Military Families
Virginia Department of Education: Military Families
Other helpful resources for military families:
- FCPS Parent Resource Center
- Registration Information for Military Families
- Academic Planning for Military Families
- Interstate Compact on Education Opportunities for Military Families
- Military Families: Information on Educational Requests and Transfers
- Impact Aid Student-Parent Survey (Scroll down for the FS 57 form after clicking on this link.)
- Sunrise Valley Elementary School Activities
The following links will take you to websites not maintained by FCPS or Sunrise Valley Elementary School:
School-based student transition team coordinator at Sunrise Valley
- School Counselor, ES
School Division (FCPS) Point of Contact:
- Meredith Ayala, @email
Military School Liaison Officers (SLOs)
The National Capital Region school liaison officers serve our school district. These school liaison officers are DOD employees. They are available to assist military families in all branches of the military with education-related matters.