If your child will be absent from school, please notify the school office by 9:30 a.m.
Two ways to notify Sunrise Valley:
- Email the attendance mailbox at @email and copy your child’s teacher so that both the office and the teacher are notified. OR
- Leave a message on the attendance phone line at 703-715-3838.
- Be specific about the reason your child is missing school today.
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise)
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Also, in your message, confirm that your child will view the recorded sessions missed that day.
Unverified and unexcused absences generate an automated eNotify from Fairfax County Public Schools. If you receive an eNotify message about your child’s absence, please contact the school: email @email or leave a message at 703-715-3838, if you have not already done so.