Changes in your Child's Dismissal Procedures
If your child will be going home a different way than usual, follow these procedures.
When your child is going home with a friend or has any other change in their usual dismissal plan, you must notify the office prior to noon that day. If the plans involve going home with another child or getting picked up by another parent, it is your responsibility to ensure the other family notifies the office prior to noon as well. Notice must be received from all parties prior to noon in order to authorize the dismissal change.
Two ways to notify us:
1. Email SVESdismissal@fcps.edu and your child’s teacher. It may also be helpful to include any other parents involved so they can just “reply all” to confirm.
2. Send in a note with your child to turn in to the teacher in the morning.
All notes/emails should include (in the body of the note):
- date of the dismissal change
- full names of the children
- classroom teacher’s full last name
- the way the students will be getting home (bus # if applicable)
- signature with your complete name and phone number
If it is parent pick-up, please specify:
- Walker/Parent Meet-up Area (front of building by door 1)
- Kiss & Ride
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to ensure a safe and expedient dismissal.