Learn about Sunrise Valley Elementary School!
The mission of Sunrise Valley is to engage all learners in relevant and rigorous learning that assures future success and guarantees each student reaches his or her fullest potential by:
- Developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fostering creative skills
- Supporting the acquisition of literacy skills
- Fostering interpersonal skills
- Assuring all students develop intrapersonal skills
- Developing entrepreneurial skills
Hand in Hand with the Community
We form a circle in which all children shine
- Sunrise Valley Elementary School, located in the community of Reston, is founded on providing students a strong instructional program that enables them to become independent learners and problem solvers. Our students become readers and writers able to use these tools for reflection, learning, and enjoyment. Mathematically, our students not only learn to compute efficiently and effectively, they learn to use their mathematical understanding to solve real-world problems. In science, teachers foster curiosity about the world in which we leave, helping students to understand experimental design and learn how to find answers to their many questions. Social studies is designed to help students build background knowledge, encourage historical thinking, learn about world cultures, and make connections between past and present.
- We are a collaborative community of learners in which teachers, students, and parents learn together to provide opportunities for high academic achievement, personal success, and the development of character. We believe that all students learn from their strengths and work to provide all students with opportunities to recognize their gifts and talents and feel successful. We strive to meet the needs of a diverse population of students to include Special Education, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Advanced Academic Programs, and children with severe to moderately severe disabilities.
- As a community school, to the greatest extent possible, we attempt to offer all children enriching and engaging learning opportunities with their peers. As a result, we value collaboration over competition.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures for Bus Riders, Kiss & Ride, Walkers/Bikers, & SACC
Start and end times for regular, late opening, early dismissal, and emergency school closing days.
Community Flyer Distribution Information
Distribution procedures of community flyers from nonprofit groups and community events.