We look forward to meeting new families!
If you are new to the area, you can enroll your student(s) throughout the school year and during the summer months. Please contact our registrar, Joan Friedman, at (703) 715-3801 or by email at email@example.com. She will let you know what items to bring with you to register and will schedule a time for you to come to the office. You can also access registration forms through the FCPS website.
If any of the following apply to your family, please contact the FCPS Dunn Loring Center at (703) 204-6740:
- Home languages other than English (exception: rising kindergarten registrations),
- Foreign exchange students requiring I-20 student visas,
- Students whose natural parents or legally adoptive parents do not reside in Fairfax County,
- Tuition-paying students, and/or
- Students in foster care placed by other Virginia counties or by out-of-state agency.
Are you a military family? Take a look at additional information specific to the registration of military family students.
A child may enter kindergarten if he or she turns five on or before September 30 of the year he or she enters school.
Sunrise Valley will have information available in early spring for parents of incoming kindergarteners. For more information, contact our main office at (703) 715-3800 or email Student Information Assistant, Joan Friedman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.