Information for Military Families
Fairfax County Public Schools and Sunrise Valley Elementary School are committed to supporting our military-connected students. We value you and are thankful for your service.
Annual Veterans Day Concert
- Our 2019 Veterans Day concert will be on Monday, November 11, 2019, from 8:15 a.m.-9:00 a.m. We hope you can join us for this morning event. More details about this year's morning concert will be posted soon. We will have another program for our students during the school day at 3:00 p.m.
Military and Muffins
- Military families are cordially invited to enjoy a light breakfast and connect with other Sunrise Valley military families. Military and Muffins are scheduled as follows:
- Next Date TBD
- Time: 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Location: Room 206
Month of the Military Child
- April is the Month of the Military Child. We will recognize and show our appreciation for military-connected students by participating in Purple Up Day on April 10, 2019. Everyone is encouraged to wear the color purple on this day.
Military Families: Planning Your Arrival to Fairfax County Public Schools
Military Families: Preparing Your Move from Fairfax County Public Schools
Academic Planning for Military Families
Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Families
FCPS: Military Families
Virginia Department of Education: Military Families
Other helpful resources for military families:
Impact Aid Student-Parent Survey (Scroll down for the FS 57 form after clicking on this link.)
The following links will take you to websites not maintained by FCPS or Sunrise Valley Elementary School:
School-based military student support point of contact at Sunrise Valley Elementary School
- School Based Technology Specialist
School Division (FCPS) Point of Contact
Military School Liaison Officers (SLOs)
The National Capital Region school liaison officers serve our school district. These school liaison officers are DOD employees. They are available to assist military families in all branches of the military with education-related matters.