2020-2021 School Year
Attendance (2020-21 School Year)
When your child will be absent or tardy, please notify the school by 9:30 a.m. by doing ONE of the following:
- Email the attendance mailbox at @email and copy your child’s teacher so that both the office and the teacher are notified.
- Leave a message on the 24/7 attendance phone line at 703-715-3838.
- Use the Online Attendance Form on our school website https://sunrisevalleyes.fcps.edu/
Be specific about the reason your child is not attending school today. This information is required by the Fairfax County Health Department.
Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever of 100.4 F or above
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps, stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise)
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Our bell schedule has been adjusted for winter/spring 2021:
Doors Open to Students 9:30 a.m.
School Day Begins/1st Bell 9:35 a.m.
Final Arrival/Tardy Bell 9:45 a.m.
Dismissal Bell 4:15 p.m.
The school day starts with the first bell at 9:35 a.m. Students are considered late to class if they arrive to their classroom after the second (tardy) bell at 9:45 a.m. Tardy students must first report to the office to be checked in so they are not marked absent and to receive a tardy slip.
Examples of excused absences or tardies: student illness, student medical or dental appointment, observance of a religious holiday, death in the family.
Examples of unexcused absences or tardies: family vacation, non-school-related activity, missed bus.
Unverified and unexcused absences generate an automated eNotify from Fairfax County Public Schools and require you to contact the school immediately, if you have not already done so. Refer to FCPS Attendance Policies for more information.